Education to Prevent Prescription Drug Abuse
"he American College of Emergency Physicians is challenging Americans to participate in a new initiative called the American Medicine Chest Challenge. The challenge is intended to educate the public about safe disposal of expired, unused and unwanted prescription medications.
The main event, which is scheduled to take place nationwide on Nov. 13, will encourage Americans to do five things:
1) Take inventory of over-the-counter and prescription medications.
2) Lock all medicine cabinets.
3) Dispose of unwanted, unused and expired medications at designated disposal sites.
4) Take medications as prescribed.
5) Talk to children about the dangers of prescription drug abuse."