- What Is Addiction?
- Prescription Drug
- Teens and
- Video Game
- How Can I Help an Addict, Even If It’s Myself?
- Addiction often times can seem overwhelming. When someone we love exhibits signs of addiction, or we notice them in ourselves, we can feel powerless…
- Detox (drug detoxification)
Detox, or detoxification, is the process of removing a drug from someone’s system and allowing normal body chemistry to return. It also includes the short-term withdrawal symptoms that happen as the body reacts to not having the addictive substance…
- Am I an Addict?
- We also know that while someone may have occasionally crossed the line of responsible use of alcohol, there is a distinct difference between getting drunk on your birthday and being an alcoholic…
- What is Addiction?
- Addiction is a complex disease. Physiological, genetic, psychosocial, nutritional and environmental factors are often thought to lead to the development of this disorder…
- What is Methadone?
- Approved by the FDA in 1947 as a painkiller, methadone is one of the most thoroughly studied and researched drugs in modern medicine…
- Is Addiction a Disease?
- For roughly the last one hundred years in America, public perceptions of the nature of addiction have varied considerably, and available treatments for addiction have been equally as inconsistent…
- Addiction Statistics and Facts
- More than 100,000 U.S. deaths are caused by excessive alcohol consumption each year. Direct and indirect causes of death include drunk driving, cirrhosis of the liver, falls, cancer, and stroke…
- The Importance of Nutrition in Addiction and Recovery
- Nutrition is the science of diet and health, and having good nutritional habits is important for everyone…
- The Genetics of Addiction
- Is there a single addiction gene? Did it condemn you at birth to become addicted to drugs or alcohol…
- Why Consider a Holistic Treatment Center?
- Different addiction centers provide a variety of philosophies in treatment, whether they are located in residential centers, general hospitals or outpatient centers…