- What Is Addiction?
- Prescription Drug
- Teens and
- Video Game
Opioids are divided into classes based on whether they are straight extracts from the opium poppy, extracts that have been chemically modified, or completely synthetic and unrelated to opium. The effects differ slightly, as does the abuse potential.
- Codeine (Tylenol 3®, Tylenol 4®, Fiorinal #3®, Fioricet#3)
- Morphine (MS Contin®, Roxinal®, Avinza®)
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin®, Vicodin ES®, Vicoprofen®, Lortab®, Lorcet®, Norco®)
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid®)
- Oxycodone (Percocet®, Roxicet®, Endocet®, Percodan®, Oxycontin®)
- Oxymorphone (Opana®, Opane ER®)
- Propoxyphene (Darvocet®, Darvon®)
- Methadone (Dolophine®, Methadose®)
- Meperidine (Demerol®)
- Fentanyl (Alfenta®, Sufenta®, Ultiva®, Actiq®)
- Loperamide (Imodium)