Binge Eating Disorder
Binge Eating Disorder features elements of bulimia and another eating disorder, compulsive overeating. Like bulimics, people who suffer from binge eating will devour an inordinate amount of food in a very short time, yet unlike bulimics, binge eating is not followed by a purge. Partly because of this, people with binge eating disorder are typically overweight.
Behavioral signs linked to Binge eating disorder include:
- An occasional lack of control over eating
- Binging, in one sitting, an inordinately large amount of food
- Eating despite not being hungry
- Eating until uncomfortably full
- Feeling guilt or acute self-loathing over the bingeing episode
Like compulsive overeaters, people who suffer from binge eating often do so as a mechanism for copying with a variety of emotional or psychological issues.
- Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorder Signs and Symptoms
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorder Treatment