is a very popular medication prescribed to treat anxiety and panic disorders. Here are some facts about Xanax:
- Xanax is in a group of drugs called benzodiazepines. It works on chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause anxiety.
- Xanax can cause birth defects. Do not use it if you are pregnant. Xanax facts shows that it can also be passed on in breast milk, so do not use it if you are breastfeeding, according to drugs.com.
- People under the age of 18 should not take Xanax.
- You should not drink while taking Xanax
- it can increase the effects of alcohol.
Before taking Xanax, you should tell your doctor:
- If you have a history of drug or alcohol addiction
- Xanax facts show it is possible to have a Xanax addiction.
- If you have history of depression or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- If you suffer from breathing problems such as asthma, emphysema, bronchitis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD); glaucoma; kidney or liver disease(especially alcoholic liver disease).